Atlanta Car Accident Attorneys Representing Injured People Across Georgia
If you have been hurt in a car, truck or motorcycle accident, Millar & Mixon can help you immediately. Call or email us and speak to an attorney by telephone for free.
We know the answers to your questions:
- I am hurt and my car is damaged – what should I do next?
- How do I pay for my medical bills and rental car?
- A family member has been injured or killed – what happens now?
- Who is going to pay for my pain and my lost pay?
- Is my family going to get a fair settlement?
About 1,200 people died in Georgia vehicle accidents in 2013. Thousands more suffer serious injuries, some of which result in a lifetime of disability and lost wages. Even less severe car accident injuries can cause serious financial problems, not to mention physical and emotional pain. When someone else’s carelessness or recklessness was to blame for the crash, they should be held responsible for the injuries and losses they have caused. The Atlanta car accident lawyers at Millar & Mixon, LLC, stand up for people injured in Georgia traffic accidents to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
Georgia Car Accidents by the Numbers
- 1,430 people per year on average have sustained fatal injuries in crashes during the last decade in Georgia.
- 85 people died in traffic accidents in Fulton County in 2013—the highest number of any county in Georgia.
- Drunk driving causes a fourth of the fatal accidents in Georgia.
- Speeding is a factor in one out of every six fatal accidents in Georgia.
- 176 pedestrians died in collisions with cars and truck in 2013—the highest number in 10 years.
- 163 people died in accidents with large trucks in 2013. Most of the victims were occupants of cars.
- Wearing seat belts save an estimated 454 lives in Georgia.
Justice for you and your family
When someone else is negligent or reckless and causes a crash, they should be made to pay for the injuries and losses they have caused. The Atlanta car accident lawyers at Millar & Mixon, LLC, stand up for people injured in Georgia traffic accidents to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
We have obtained millions of dollars in verdicts, settlements and judgments for clients who have been injured in motorcycle, truck, and car accidents. Our practice has a special focus on Georgia car, truck and motorcycle accidents. If you have been involved in a car accident, our firm has the experience necessary to protect your rights and maximize the compensation you receive.
Contact the Atlanta car accident lawyers at Millar & Mixon, LLC, today. You can fill out our online contact form or call us at 404-620-4301 to learn more about how we can help. Our Atlanta auto accident attorneys represent injured people in Atlanta, North Atlanta, South Atlanta, Jonesboro, East Point, Lawrenceville, Norcross, Sandy Springs, Forest Park, College Park, Decatur, Roswell, Marietta, Peachtree City, Fayetteville and all across Georgia.
Common Causes Of Georgia Car Accidents
Car accidents rarely just happen. Something or someone almost always causes them. A wide variety factors can contribute to a Georgia auto accidents, and most of them involve some form of driver negligence. During our years of representing car crash victims, we have seen many of the more common causes of accidents. They include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving and driving while impaired by drugs
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Running red lights, stop signs or other traffic controls
- Tailgating or following too closely
- Aggressive driving
- Improper lane changes
- Crossing the center line
- Driving while sleepy, tired or fatigued
- Vehicle defects or malfunctions, including SUV rollovers
- Defects in road design or maintenance
For more information about the different causes of Georgia car accidents and what you should do if you are involved in a crash, check out these pages on our website:
Recovering Damages After A Georgia Car Accident
Georgia car accident laws impose fault on a person who is responsible for causing a car accident. This means that the party responsible for the accident – or his or her insurance company – must pay for all costs and damages arising from it. These costs can include:
- Medical bills.This includes both medical bills for treatment you have already had and medical bills for treatment you will need in the future, including ongoing rehabilitation costs.
- Lost income.If you have to miss work or take sick time because of your injuries, you deserve to be paid back for this lost income. If your earning power is permanently affected by the accident, the negligent driver will need to pay for this ongoing loss
- Pain and suffering and emotional distress.Car accidents have more than just a financial cost. Drivers who cause an Atlanta auto accident have to pay for these non-economic losses as well
- Wrongful death damages.Surviving family members of victims killed in a car wreck can take action to get justice for their deceased family member. A wrongful death lawsuit also provides compensation to the living family members for their loss of companionship and other losses
Putting our years of experience to work, the Atlanta car accident lawyers at Millar & Mixon, LLC, know how to investigate crashes to determine whether another driver’s negligence led to your injuries. We often work with accident reconstruction and medical experts and specialists to determine how a crash happened and how the accident caused the victim’s injuries. We work to gather evidence from all sources, including the accident scene, medical records, the police reports and statements from people who saw the accident.
Our attorneys prepare each case as if it were going to trial. That gives us the ammunition we need at the negotiation table to help you achieve a full and fair settlement from the at-fault driver’s insurance company. In situations where a stubborn insurance company refuses to pay what your case is worth, we are prepared to aggressively advocate your rights in the courtroom. We are not afraid of insurance companies and we refuse to back down when they make unreasonable, low-dollar offers.
We do not charge any up-front fees to represent you in a car accident case. We represent our clients on a contingency fee basis. This means that our fee is paid based upon a percentage of the money recovered for you. Our consultations are free. If we do not recover any money for you, you are not charged for any of the professional time spent on your case. Contingency fees can vary slightly, but are typically one-third of the amount recovered.
Get Help From Our Atlanta Car Accident Lawyers Today
If you have been injured in a Georgia car accident, delay in obtaining legal representation may be a costly mistake. An investigation into what caused the accident or the severity and extent of your injuries may be harmed by any delay in obtaining legal counsel, even if it is only a few days. Insurance companies want you to delay or to handle your injury without legal help. Insurance companies hope that critical evidence will disappear or that they can blame your injuries on a cause unrelated to your accident.
Don’t let that happen to you. Get help from Millar & Mixon, LLC, today. Call us now at 404-620-4301 or fill out our online contact form for a free case evaluation.